NEW! Training Vimeos Now Available (posted 18 April 2017)
SUICIDE PREVENTION and INTERVENTION – ADAPTATIONS for INDIVIDUALS with AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER.
The York ASD Partnership and the Mental Health Collaborative are pleased to offer this unique training program for trained Suicide Interventionists. This session will offer those already trained as interveners for suicide prevention (ASIST or equivalent) a greater understanding of the unique needs and learning styles of individuals with ASD as well as strategies to adapt existing intervention programs to better meet these needs. Click on this link and enter the password Prevention
Videotaped modules will be on this site soon …
The York ASD Partnership Presents
UNDERSTANDING ASD for MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
January 9, February 6 and March 6, 2015
This 3 day course is designed to enhance the capacity of mental health professionals to support individuals with ASD who have mental health concerns, as well as their families. The course consists of 6 modules presented over three full days and will involve didactic and well as interactive and activity based learning. This course is intended for York Region Child and Adult Mental Health Service Providers, including psychologists, psychological associates, psychiatrists, social workers, psychotherapists and other clinicians working directly with children, youth or adults with mental health concerns and/or their families. Presenters Dr. Vicki Rombough, Dr. Cynthia Goldfarb and Dr. Wendy Roberts.
York Region District School Board, Community Education Centre (CEC) North, 130 Carlson Dr. Newmarket. Training provided free of charge by the York ASD Partnership through a grant from Autism Speaks Canada
The links below take you our Partners’ websites for their upcoming learning opportunities.
For weekly updates by email, please Subscribe here to Autism Ontario York Region eNews
- Autism Ontario York Region Calendar
- Blue Hills Child and Family Centre News and Events
- Centre for Behavioural Health Sciences Calendar
- Central East Community Care Access Centre Events
- Children’s Case Coordination/YSSN news
- Children’s Treatment Network of Simcoe/York Events
- Kerry’s Place Autism Services
- The York Centre for Children, Youth and Families Community Group Services
- York Region Preschool Speech and Language Program, Markham Stouffville Hospital Workshops & Events
- York Support Services Network News
- York University Faculty of Health, Chair in Autism Spectrum Disorders Treatment and Care Research News & Events