- Reviewing other models in and outside York Region (i.e. DD, CTN). (6.2)
- Identifying promising change management models (6.3)
- Designing and redesigning protocols that improve the system. (6.4)
- Agreeing to a common approach for a coordinated continuum of care (7.1)
- Informing common approaches through specialized knowledge transfer (7. 2)
- Providing more family resources for navigation and advocacy. (7.3)
- Increasing the system’s capacity to provide person-centred planning. (9.1)
- Strengthening protocols and resources during transitional stages. (9.2)
- Building collaborative relationships among service providers. (10.1)
- Communicating progress and new developments with families and the broader community. (10.4)
- Using evidence-based knowledge to inform practices (4.5)
- Tracking trends to inform system design. (6.1)
- Identify current and best practice transition approaches in York Region.
- Identify and recommend best practice protocols.
- Consolidate for public access various resources into a repository on transitions including their definitions and guiding principles.
- Recommend relevant training focused on transition for individuals, families and service providers.
Once per month or as required.
Terms of Commitment
When deliverables have been met with target date of June 30, 2012.
- Kimberly Thorn (YSSN) co-chair Shana Gibson (KPAS)
- Lynda Beedham (Parent) co-chair Nancy Friedman (TRE-ADD)
- Micole Ongman (Parent) Claudine Burrell (EIS)
- Bryan Ashby (YRDSB) John Kosmopolous (BMS-SY)
- Zoie Williamson (YRDSB) Carol Hacker (JVS)
- Rhonda Jacobsen (CTN) Ex officio – Neil Walker
- Anna Loi (Kinark)
This committee will have linkages to Mapping and Pathways, Screening and Assessment, Best Practices and Professional Development Working Groups.
This committee shall report directly to the ASD Partnership Committee.
Develop a work plan based on staging and completing deliverables in a timely way, using longer but fewer working meetings
- Collaborate and/or build upon existing transition protocols or working groups.
- Create smaller defined tasks and sub-groups along with engaging other expertise for assistance.
- Decisions regarding recommendations to the Partnership CM will be decided by consensus.
Multiple documents will be referenced regarding transitions. As these documents are identified, they will be distributed to membership, and posted on Sharepoint. Any public documents can also be shared on AO website.
- The working group will use its assigned space in York ASD Partnership’s collaborative working space on CTN’s SharePoint website. All working documents will be posted.
- Updates regarding progress will be shared within ASD Partnership meetings.
- Will share info to be added to the quarterly public communication.