Research & Data
The York ASD Partnership is committed to ensuring that the work of group makes a significant and positive difference in the lives of individuals with ASD and their parents/caregivers and families. To accomplish this the Evaluation and Measurement Committee has been established.
Evaluation and Measurement Committee:
Champion(s): Neil Walker, Project Manager, Janette Seymour, Assistant Project Manager
Partners: York University (Jonathan Weiss), Brock University (Priscilla Burnham Riosa) Autism Ontario (TBD)
- Implement the Services Availability and Need Survey (every 2 years)
- Identify and adapt Quality of LIfe Survey and Family Stress Survey for Individuals with ASD and their families
- Report results to Steering Committee
“Ready 2 Work” Research Study
Champion: Dr. Priscilla Burnham Riosa, Brock University
Task Group: Research Team:
Brock University: Priscilla Burnham Riosa, Courtney Bishop (PhD student), Lisa Whittingham (PhD student), Jean Phan (MA student), Rebecca Ensor (MA graduate), Brynn Jichici (MA student)
McMaster University: Briano DiRezze
ISAND: Wendy Roberts
York ASD Partnership: Neil Walker, Janette Seymour
Development of a user-informed online platform to support the employment and vocational readiness needs of job seekers with autism and their support systems.
- Phase 1 – Focus groups with stakeholders to determine online employment needs. Focus groups were conducted with 29 parents, self-advocates and professionals regarding the employments readiness needs of job seekers with ASD amenable to an online platform. Qualitative date evaluated via thematic analysis.
- Phase 2 – Website development and pilot testing in progress. Website planning/wireframing and general website conceptualization underway; back-end server decision waiting for phase 2 ethics approval to execute.
- Phase 3 – Website refinement with participant feedback – upcoming.
Key Measurement and Trends:
- Qualitative data collected and analyzed from focus groups to inform website development.
- Survey to be administered (pending ethics clearances) to Phase 2 & 3 participants to assess website usability and performance.
- Website to be developed and tested (Phases 2 & 3).
Crisis Prevention & Intervention
Teenage Suicide and Crisis Response Environmental Scan
An assessment of the York Region Suicide Prevention and Crisis Services identifying services gaps with recommendations for enhancing and improving services.